Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Treat yourself Daily

Anyway, I decided to try the Biggest Loser Fun thing. It's some good motivation, and the other joiners have some pretty great ideas. I have talked to Gary about exercise...yeah, that was a rough one. I've also talked to him about diet, again a tough thing to do. I know that I have better success if I keep and maintain a food journal, so I'm letting him look it over every night, and offer suggestions. WOW! If that isn't opening myself up, I don't know what is!! Yesterday went pretty well. Gary suggested keeping work-outs at about 20 minutes, do small sets of things and keep the pace high. An idea he got from Here. Okay, so I'm not doing exactly what she's doing, but it's a good way to keep it real for me. Limit the tedium and offer some fun ideas. I know she kicked Gary's but for most of December, I'd probably be in traction if I tried for a literal translation of everything she's doing. Gary also suggested six small meals a day, another idea he got from Her.

The workout yesterday was 5 minutes on the bike, hamstring curls, leg extensions, squats, and lunges 3 sets of 12, back to bike for 5 minutes more lower body, then bike again for 5 minutes. It was supposed to be about 20 minutes, but with some skills yet to be developed and stretch time, it was a bit over 30. Diet was pretty good, stuck to the small meal deal, for the most part. Work was insanely busy, so lunch was delayed and then it was some grazing on a surprise find of cauliflower, snow peas, and Brianna's saucy ginger mandarin. WOW!! I had to check the label to see if was loaded with corn syrup or sugar, it was so good. But, NOPE, there's NONE!! Sweetened with honey, that makes Gary so happy :) Dinner was sensible. The biggest splurge of the day was a handful of mmmmm enjoyed with Neil, and some of Gary's favorite anytime treat....can't resist when it's a treat to share with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment